Role: Global Creative Director, Copywriter, Client
DIGITAL CAMPAIGN OF THE YEAR / World's Tastiest Coupon
Who says a coupon ad can't be creative? To promote Day of the Dozens (12/12), the World’s Tastiest Coupon was an actual scannable barcode, made of actual doughnut glaze using our iconic glaze waterfall.
• Engagement on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube channels exceeded expectations as did key metrics such as store traffic, transactions and sales.
• Video-embedded email achieved one of the brand's highest open rates
A team effort from agency partner Baldwin&, and Krispy Kreme's Marketing, Equipment, R&D and IT/POS Integration departments.
Digital Campaign of the Year (Gold), AdAge Small Agency Awards
Role: Global Creative Director/Client Agency Team: David Baldwin, Bob Ranew, Jimmie Blount, Britton Upchurch, Liz Stovall
The world's first edible coupon.
Digital Campaign of the Year—Gold
Krispy Kreme #Deflategate
Krispy Kreme's largest competitor, Dunkin' Donuts, sponsors the New England Patriots. With the Deflategate controversy brewing, we took to the field with this concept and the Twitter-verse ran with it.
Within 24 hours:
• @krispykreme trended in Boston, New York, Pittsburgh, Atlanta and Seattle
• Social statistics on key channels were among the highest for the brand to date
• Re-tweeted by ESPN's Darren Rovell and Erin Andrews to their combined 3.3 million followers
• Picked up by TIME, the TODAY Show, USA Today, CBS Sports and The Washington Post.
Role: Copywriter & Creative Director Team: Jonathan Whisnant, Kelley O'Brien
There is just ... something ... about walking into a room with a box of Krispy Kreme doughnuts: people stop what they're doing, their eyes light up, the entire energy changes. It's almost magical. It's certainly special.
I wrote the brand brief then worked with agency partner Baldwin& as they captured these one-of-a-kind moments for this one-of-a-kind brand we called "The Krispy Kreme Effect."